Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Snowstorm and a Sugar Skull Cat

Well I haven't been doing any sewing since I put the 100 blocks up on the design wall. I have two blocks I want to change but no get-up-and-go to redo them. They are blocks that just don't fit anywhere & catch your eye wherever they are. Too busy. But I cleaned my sewing area, and I must have put away my drive as well. Oh well. Maybe after Easter weekend. 

My youngest got out of school early due to the weather today and spent the afternoon making forts. First he started with this very well made, but small kitty fort for our cat, Fred. 


Then he just wasn't satisfied and asked if it was okay if he could make something a little bigger. I said, "sure!" And before you know it the entire living room is covered in sheets. 


But it kept him busy for hours and the dog and the cat played along. He's under there reading as I type this. Content, as a little boy should be. 

Even though I've been avoiding the sewing room, I've still been busy. I always have to have my hands busy. I ordered this sugar skull cat pattern off of Etsy and have been cross-stitching quite a bit. 

I've cross-stitched for 20 years now and have just started looking at patterns that I would like. I found one that made me bust out laughing. It said, in pretty script, "Please don't do cocaine in the bathroom". I'd just love that for our country home! Lol. I'm also thinking of designing my own cross-stitch quilt designs. I used to do this and enjoyed it. After I was done, I'd design a tote bag around it and give it away. I just found two of my cross-stitched "quilts" (about 3x3) the other day. This is probably why I stopped if they started piling up. I have so many finished cross-stitch projects that I don't know what to do with. Too many. Dozens. At least quilts I can donate. That's why, for awhile there, I was making my cross-stitch into bags, table toppers, seat cushions & quilts. It's too bad people don't like this stuff (and I had any followers) or I'd have a bunch of giveaways. 

Anyway, I've rambled on enough for now. I will leave you with a picture of what is, I hope, our last snowstorm of the winter. 

If you look closely, you can see lots of black specks all over the trees which are birds that suddenly came in to visit. 

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment and let me know you were here!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

love to hear about your kids and you and your projects

Z Any Mouse said...

How cute!! I never grew up and I still love skulls. I might be slightly obsessed with the Dias de los Muertos designs. I did cross-stitch many years ago, but haven't picked it up in quite some time. Looking forward to seeing the finished skull cat!

Carol E. said...

I was here! I switch between quilting and knitting. I used to cross-stitch, but now it's too small and hurts my hands.

Issabella The Cat said...

Fred looks chuffed to bits with his kitty fort! I really like the cat sugar skull you're working on, I bet it will look fantastic once its finished :)