I have had this quilt in the cupboard, unfinished, for over two years. I created it as a quilt-as-you-go (QAYG) not really knowing how to do the joining part. I ran out of backing fabric when I had four blocks left and quit. I put it in the cupboard and didn't look at it until the other day.
I could no longer purchase the backing fabric but I found a complimentary fabric and quilted the last four blocks. Then I took a day and few naps to think about how I wanted to finish it. I watched some QAYG videos and dreaded doing all those little strips when I was only planning on hanging this on the wall. So I decided to do a tight zigzag stitch and be done with it. Better than sitting on a shelf.
Here it is minus the binding, plus my feet: